Lord of beauty, thine the splendor,

Lord of beauty, thine the splendor,
shown in earth and sky and sea

God has blessed me with

God has blessed me with
Dave & Megan

Psalm 29:2

Psalm 29:2
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
Stationery Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE. George Phillips, an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me. The police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available." George said, "Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up. Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!" (True Story) I LOVE IT! Moral of the story: Don't mess with old people.

9 comments:

stacy said...

Very funny! I'll have to remember that.
Only... at my house, I have a feeling they really would have been shot.

♥ Amy said...

Hilarious - probably because it's so likely to happen with dad in the house.

Every time I go downstairs, I can hear Megan from the stairway. He'd wear that out if it were possible. It's nice to see him enjoy her so much.

Anne M Adams said...

yeah Dad & Tony would of shot them lol I know its so funny how much he is on the blog. I thought he would mainly just shop-

♥Liz♥ said...

hehe Papa thought this was so funny! He showed it to me yesterday and then laughed and laughed. (: It sounds like something he would do too. (:

♥ Amy said...

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2667858#23590981

There's a link to an interesting discussion on right-clicking, including a place to find the code and instructions. I was watermarking every photo, resizing it, and then disabling the right-click. Chris told me to stop putting those stupid words over top of my pictures. Someone also pointed out to me that disabling right-click also disables the option of opening links into a new window, which can be very helpful. I still resize my pics just because I have photoshop already (so it's easy) and also because a free blog will only hold so much info before you have to start a new one. Hope that helps,
Amy

Anne M Adams said...

thanks, that one was easy. I tried to do it another way and just got frustrated.

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

hey, did you see that your blog name had only stars instead of saying our joyful life? Just thought I'd point it out. hehe. btw do you have any ideas for a name for my future blog? I can't think of one for anything.

Anne M Adams said...

yeah- when I changed the pic to the snowflakes and put the text on the pic it changed the title and I havent taken the time to change it back. How about life with Dizzy Lizzy :-) love ya

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

I think I figured out what name I liked best. The Lizard Log. It is kinda wierd but it is fitting. (: Now I just have to figure out how to convince my dad that I "need" a blog. (: